A lot has been happening at the Department of MBA, Sir MVIT. Some of the main highlights are mentioned below:
1) The Department of MBA has been recognised as a Research and Development Center under VTU.
2) Dr. P. Nagaraja Rao and Dr. Sandhya Suswaram have received their doctorate in the field of Human Resource Management.
3) One Faculty is on the verge of obtaining the PhD, and three additional faculty members are in the process of registering for their PhDs.
4) The Department of MBA welcomed the batch of 2014-2016 on 18th August, 2014. A one day Orientation Program for the new batch was held on 27th August, 2014.
5) Two industrial visits were organized for the MBA final year students. One in the month of August, to Unibic Biscuits India Pvt Ltd and another in the month of September, to Toyota Kirloskar Manufacturing Plant at Bidadi. Both the visits turned out to be an enriching experience from which everyone had something to take away.
6) The MBA Department has notched up its “GO GREEN” activities in the last two months. As part of these activities, the Courtyard within the Department block has undergone multiple clean ups. This was followed by planting of a variety of saplings sourced by the students. The activities were carried out by all the staff(both teaching and non teaching) and students of the department. The students in particular have been extremely proactive and have shown keen interest in being environment friendly.
7) The students have also actively participated in a CSR activity conducted in conjunction with a corporate company. As part of this activity, the area between MVIT college gate to the International Airport Road was cleaned, trees were pruned, tree guards were placed at intervals and the area was spruced up to look tidy and well maintained. This activity took place on 15th August 2014.
8) The Personality Development Program has started in full swing for the final year students. The format of these classes have been along the lines of the “Toastmasters Club”. These are aimed at improving and honing the soft skills of our students.
9) The last month has also seen a large number of placement referrals to top companies, for our students.
More than hundred MBA Students have a Professional Body Membership with BMA (Bangalore Management Association)which is an associate of AIMA (All India Management Association) which provides ample scope and opportunities to learn through participating in various national level workshops/seminars and conferences for the students.